The selection of the right implementation partner can make or break the success of your project! You need to find the right implementer that has experience implementing the software with similar companies. They can then implement the software efficiently and help you streamline your business processes in conjunction with the best practices of the software.
Selection of an implementation partner is important whether you implement a Cloud solution or an on-premises solution. Depending on your size, implementation vendor selection is performed in a different manner:
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Companies
If you are a larger Tier 1 or Tier 2 company, (see software market overview for tier chart definitions) and are considering vendors such as Oracle, SAP, Infor/Lawson, etc., the implementation vendor selection actually comes after you select the right software product. At that point you will have between 20 – 200 implementation partners available to you on a national and/or worldwide scale.
Tier 3 and 4 Companies
If you are a mid-market company in the Tier 3 and 4 range (see software market overview for tier chart definitions) and are buying from one of the major software vendors such as Microsoft, Sage, Epicor, Exact, etc; you will buy the software from a Value Added Reseller (VAR). These VARs sell, implement, and support the software. This means that you have to do VAR selection BEFORE you evaluate software solutions.
The following are the main steps in the implementation partner selection process that we can help you with.
- Implementation Partner/VAR Requirements
- Implementation Partner/VAR Research
- Implementation Partner RFP
- Implementation RFP Response Evaluation and Research
- Implementation Partner Presentation Script Development
- Implementation Partner Presentation Facilitation
- User Reference Calls/Visit Facilitation
- Implementation Vendor Headquarters Visit Facilitation
- Final Decision Analysis and Facilitation
- Presentation to Board
- Implementation Team Member Evaluation
- Implementation Project Manager Selection
- Statement of Work Review